Application to have your criminal case reviewed by the Criminal Cases Review Commission

If you have lost your appeal but think something’s wrong with your conviction or sentence then you can apply to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC)

You usually need to have lost an appeal before applying. There also needs to be new and important information in your case. If we find something we could send your case for a new appeal.

We are an independent body. We do not work for the police, prosecution, courts, or the government. This also means we do not act for you as a lawyer would. It’s free to apply. Your sentence cannot be increased if we send your case for appeal.

Our application asks all about your case. We may use that to gather further information to help us look into it. Please fill in as much as you can. But don’t worry if you can’t answer some questions. And if you don’t fully understand anything contact us:

Tel 0121 233 1473